A Kostas Fortounis penalty sealed Olympiakos’ passage into the Europa League round of 32 as they beat AC Milan to second spot in Group F.

It was a stretched game from the start, but it really kicked into life in the second half, with all four goals in this period.

With about a minute gone, Pape Abou Cisse played a long ball over the top which left Miguel Guerrero one-on-one with Pepe Reina, however the strikers shot wasn’t low enough to evade the legs of the Spanish goalkeeper.

Milan were breaking the game up at every opportunity, and understandably so considering they would go through at 0-0.  Tiemoue Bakayoko’s goal would’ve been a bonus, but his free header was easily tipped over by Jose Sa.

Then Patrick Cutrone slipped the ball through to his strike partner Gonzalo Higuain, unfortunately for the Juventus loanee, Sa was out quick to foil him. Soon after, Cutrone found himself in behind but he could only muster a tame shot.

Every corner was causing problems for the Milan defence with Guerrero winning of most of his battles in the air. On the deck Fortounis was dictating the home sides attacks, and the Thrylos captain came close when his long-range free-kick was turned round the post by Reina.

A goal was coming, and it looked like Pedro Martins side would get it. Giannis Fetfatzidis lacked the curl to get his shot inside the post.

The Rossoneri came one closer when Franck Kessie hit the outside of the post with a driven shot. By this point the game was getting really stretched.

On the hour mark Cisse finally opened the scoring. Milan fell asleep on the short corner allowing Daniel Podence to weigh up a cross, from his delivery Jagos Vukovic’s header was blocked was but the aforementioned Cisse was there to head in.

The Greek side were drastically pushing for that second, and it nearly came when Fortounis’ shot was saved prior Guerrero’s follow up crashing into a wall of Milan defenders.

Nine minutes later it was two, Guilherme’s shot deflected off Christian Zapata Ball before looping over the head of Reina. Olympiakos were now second in group F and more importantly going through to the knockout stages.

That was for a minute. Zapata bundled the ball forward from a corner and Sa couldn’t retrieve ball before it crossed the line. The visitors were now second on head to head.

With the onus back on Thrylos, Guerrero took his time at the back post allowing Ignazio Abate to come across and make a flying block.

Milan would’ve been two up had Higuain converted Davide Calabria’s cross. But more drama ensued when Abate pulled substitute Vasilis Torosidis in the midst of an Olympiakos corner.

Up stepped Fortounis to take the penalty, and he made no mistake, sending Reina the wrong way with a placed finish.

And Thrylos held out to book themselves in Monday’s draw, cue a pitch invasion. A historic win for the Greek side over the seven-time European Champions.